Markets are back up after a turbulent week that saw a whale dump enough Ethereum on GDAX to push the price as low as $.10, causing a margin wipeout and outages on a number of exchanges due to the amount of traffic on the Ethereum blockchain. Bitcoin and Ethereum are back up today around $2725 and $330 respectively. Bitshares, Bytecoin, Stratis, and Steem are up over 10% at the moment and hopefully it looks like we’re returning to relatively normal growth.
- Waves has launched their USD gateway, allowing users to exchange dollars for Waves.
- Russian payment processor Chronopay has announced the addition of a bitcoin wallet and exchange to their services.
Big Week For Bitcoin
- In a sudden-if-not-surprising change of face the Indian government has announced it will legalize and regulate bitcoin. Investors have been happy about the news and while this recognition bodes well in terms of bitcoin’s reputation, we will have to wait and see what their regulatory policies look like before we start celebrating. Given the recent controversy over attempts to regulate digital assets in the U.S., any organization looking to create new regulations for digital assets, especially for the first time, would do well to tread carefully.
- The latest release of unicode text includes a symbol for bitcoin! Here’s the Windows update and Android beta.
TenX ICO Starts Tomorrow
The TenX token sale starts tomorrow, June 24 at 1:00 PM UTC. You can contribute Ethereum, Bitcoin, Dash, Litecoin, or ERC20 tokens and the company will be producing a digital asset exchange with derivatives and other interesting financial products but perhaps more excitingly, in 2019 they hope to issue a multi-coin debit card. Bitcoin or altcoin coffee might not be as far in the future as we think! As always, please do your own research before investing and feel free to share any useful information you come across.
Visa Seeking Blockchain Engineer
Check out the ad! If you’re a blockchain engineer experienced in Ethereum then Visa wants you in Foster City, California.
- June 27: Stellar Lumens Giveaway
- June 26–28: Money 20/20 Europe
- July 1: Zcash launches on AlphaBay
I would love to know what’s on your trading calendar! Please leave comments, questions, love, and suggestions below.